These are also the perfect little treat for when its warm outside and you fancy something sweet.
I’ve made this as macro friendly as I possibly can and they taste delicious.
- 8 large lemons
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ cup sweetener, divided
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsuis
- Slice both ends from the lemons and spoon out the pulp.
- Keep the pulp and scoop into a sieve laced over a bowl. Squeeze out the juice and reserve.
- In a heat proof bowl combine the egg yolks, ¼ cup sugar, lemon juice, and flour. Whisk until pale yellow. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and continue to whisk until very thick.
- Remove from the heat and beat with an electric mixer for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a clean bowl and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the egg whites with the remaining sugar. Beat with the electric mixer on low speed until frothy. Slowly increase the mixer speed until the meringue is shiny and hold soft peaks.
- Whisk a third of the meringue into the yolk mixture, then fold in the remaining meringue gently. Fill the lemons to just below the rim.
- Line a sheet pan with baking paper.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until the tops are golden and have risen.