Life has been crazy the past few weeks, landing a new job, looking to move and I turned 25. So I’m sorry for the lack of posts! But i’ve finally gotten around to writing the recipe for my baked eggs using Nude Spice Mix.
The guys at Nude Spice were so grateful to send me their new range, I coundn’t wait to try it , especially as I ran out completely of my last bundle. I love flavourful, fragrant food, the more spice the better! But with a gluten allergy I can be pretty wary about added spices to my food. Which is why I love that Nude Spices Mix are all Gluten Free!
Baked eggs or Shasuka is something I was introduced to a while ago but I forgot how delicious it was! Its simple to make and most of the ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. The best part is, you could eat this for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- half an onion, diced
- 2 tbsp of Nude spice mix
- 250g of lean mince
- 2 eggs
- tin of tomatoes
- 1 tbs of tomato paste
- handful of kale
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 small chilli, chopped
- 1 small cup of butternut squash
- In a frying pan/skillet pan add the coconut oil and lightly fry the garlic and onions until soft.
- Add the chilli and 1 tbsp of nude spice mix and cook out.
- Add the lean mince and cook until brown.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste and the butternut squash.
- Cook on a simmer for 15 minutes or until the juices have reduced.
- Stir in some kale, the roughly chopped tomatoes and the eggs and place in the oven to bake for 10/15 minutes until cooked through.