I made this recipe to be posted on Valentines Day, but due to a bad week of depression I didn’t find time to post it! But I’m back yay!
Bad days, weeks, months happen – just remember you’re a fighter and you’ve got to keep fighting this fight!
Anyway, dark chocolate and raspberries are a heavenly combination. Well lets be honest, dark chocolate and anything is heavenly right!
For the base
- 1 cup of mixed nuts
- 1 cup of pitted dates that have been soaked in warm water for 5 minutes to soften
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 cups of raspberries
- 2 tbsp of agave
- Few handful of raspberries
Dark chocolate layer:
- 30g of coconut oil
- 30g Cacao Powder
- 1tsp of Sweetener
For the Base
- Place the nuts into a food processor and mix until they are smaller chunks
- Add the dates and coconut oil and continue to mix for a further 2 minutes until the mix has combined. It should still be sticky.
- Spoon the mixture into your cupcake moulds and cover the bottom layer. Make sure you flatten this with a spoon to create a good base.
- Place the cupcake moulds in the freezer to set
For the jam
- Wash the berries and place in a medium saucepan with 2 tbsp of water
- Bring to the boil, the reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Roughly mash the berries, add the agave and chia seeds then simmer.
- Continue to stir the jam, to prevent it sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Remove from the heat and allow the jam to cool before serving
- Once cooled, remove your cake moulds from the freezer and spoon the mixture onto the base
- Take one single raspberry and place on top of the jam base, then put the cake moulds back into the freezer to set.
For the chocolate layer
- In a mixing bowl, add the cacao powder and sweetener.
- Then stir in the melted coconut oil
- Pour over the cup cake moulds for the final layer.
- Place in the freezer to set for several hours