Inspired by travelling and my love for noodles, I wanted to create a spicy noodle dish to take me back to those hot days in Malaysia!
I went with Chow Mien, my favourite stir fry flavour! I adapted a recipe I already knew to make it more macro friendly and healthy! Who says healthy eating has to be boring.
This is so simple to make, packed full of flavour and the best part is that you can make extra and take it to work or college!
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 cabbage
- Half a bag of bean sprouts
- 1 large or 2 small chicken breasts
- 2 nests of egg noodles
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 shredded carrot
- handful of cashews
- 1 red chilli, chopped finely
- 1/2 tin of sweetcorn
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Slice the chicken breast into cubes. Then marinade the chicken in the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and salt.
- Mix well and leave to marinade for 20 minutes
- Heat a wok or a frying pan with 1tsp of coconut oil and the red chilli which has been finely chopped.
- Add the marinaded chicken and fry on a low heat until cooked through.
- On a separate hob, add a pan of boiling water and cook the egg noodles until soft.
- Into the wok, add the bean sprouts, sweetcorn, carrot, cabbage pepper, onion and fry on a high heat until cooked.
- Transfer to a bowl, top with cashews and serve.