It’s officially Christmas week and nothing says Christmas like cookies…especially gingerbread cookies!
I’ve tried and tested this recipe a few times and i’m so happy with the results! These ginger cookies are macro friendly, crispy on the outside and slightly chewy in the middle! Yum!
Not to mention they’re gluten free, high in protein, rich in ginger taste and seriously addictive. What’s not to love!
This batter can even be shaped into gingerbread cookies and decorated as you wish.
I hope you enjoy these cookies and that you are all embracing the build up to christmas. Happy Holidays.
Serving: Makes 20 small cookies
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
Macros per cookie
- 13g carbs
- 2.4g fat
- 2.3g protein
- 130g of gluten free flour
- 80g brown sugar
- 40g of organic protein
- 3 tbsp of agave
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the egg, coconut oil, almond butter, brown sugar, all spices, salt, baking soda and mix together in a mixer.
2. add the gluten free flour and organic protein and stir with a wooden spoon.
3. Stir until a dough is formed, your dough should hold its shape.
4. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least an hour or preferably overnight.
5. Pre heat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius
6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper
7. Roll out small dough balls and place on the baking tray until all the dough has been used.
8. Place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes
9. Then, remove from the freezer and bake for 8-10 minutes or until brown.
10. Please note, they will continue to form up once left to cool.
11. Decorate with frosting once cool and enjoy!