If you follow me on instagram you’ll know I love Muscle Mousse… its genius. High in protein, its so simple and quick to make! Just add water…perfect. I wanted to add something more to this already tasty dessert and came up with these individual chocolate orange mousse cups, so cute and tasty!
For the base
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 cup of pitted dates that have been soaking in warm water until softened.
For the filling
- Muscle mousse chocolate flavour
- the juice and rind of 1/2 an orange
- Dark chocolate bar
For the base
- In a food processor, mix the dates on a high speed until they have broken down.
- Add the coconut oil, nuts and mix on a high speed until combined.
- Line cupcake tins with baking paper, then spoon the mixture into the tin, pushing the mixture to the bottom of the tin and around the sides to create a ‘cup’. Repeat this until all tins are filled.
- Place the tin in the freezer to allow the base to harden up.
For the mousse filling
- Follow the instructions on the packet
- Add the juice and rind of your orange and mix together
- Take the cups out of the freezer and spoon the mixture into each cup
- Roughly chop the dark chocolate bar and sprinkle on top
- Place in the fridge and allow to form