Happy Halloween Everyone!
I hope you have spent the weekend, dressed up, indulging in sweets and enjoying yourselves!
It wouldn’t be Halloween without a Pumpkin inspired dessert, am I right? and although I posted pumpkin cake bars a few weeks ago…I still had some pumpkin left over, so why not make another dessert? I’m pretty much a dessert queen.
A few months ago I made pronuts for V3Apparel’s Doughnut Snapback Launch, which were delicious! So this time around I’ve adapted the recipe to make them autumn inspired with pumpkin. These are great to add various toppings to, add to your morning proats or just a great post workout snack!
Create your own and tag me on instagram!
Thanks again to the guys at The Organic Protein Company for the Whey Protein made with organic cow’s milk. I’ve never tried Organic protein before and admittedly I’m pretty sceptical about all things “organic” purely because most companies nowadays view it as a ‘trend’ or another way to make money. But I LOVE animals and you cant fault the Organic Protein company’s passion towards animal welfare and higher welfare farming. Plus the protein is actually delicious, it doesn’t need the added, sweetness from chocolate, vanilla or peanut butter that most proteins do to taste good. It tastes natural.
- 1/2 Cup of Protein powder – I used Organic Protein Company’s Whey
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1 whole egg
- 2 x egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 of honey/agave
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon or nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 175C. Grease a donut pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients (protein powder, coconut flour, baking soda, and cinnamon) together in food processor
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin, honey/agave, eggs and vanilla) and whisk together. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spoon the batter into your doughnut tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool
- Decorate with toppings of your choice.