I’m on a recipe roll this month, I’ve just loved being back in the kitchen . I’ve always been a creative person, but with a role in law it can be difficult to express your creativity, which is why I LOVE cooking, coming up with recipe ideas and combining different ingredients.
If you’ve been through my blog you’ll notice that I’m a fan of raw treats, for me they are the perfect ‘go to’ healthy snack and last AGES in your freezer – so theres no excuse to go reaching for that chocolate bar for ‘convenience’, plus these are so much tastier!
Throwback to when I made lemon and poppy seed raw bars, these ‘cheesecakes’ have a similar recipe with the added addition of a blueberry jam layer, because blueberry and lemon just goes perfect together!
For the base
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 cup of pitted dates that have been soaking in warm water until softened.
For the Blueberry Jam Layer
- 1 small punnet of blueberries
- 2 tbsp of agave
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
For the Lemon Filling
- 1 cup of cashews that have been soaking in water for 2+ hours
- the juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of agave
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of water
For the base
- In a food processor, mix the dates on a high speed until they have broken down.
- Add the coconut oil, nuts and mix on a high speed until combined.
- Line cupcake tins with baking paper, then spoon the mixture into the tin, pushing the mixture to the bottom of the tin. Repeat this until all tins are filled.
- Place the tin in the freezer to allow the base to harden up.
For the blueberry jam
- On a low heat, to a pan add the punnet of blueberries and a dash of water. Cook on a high heat until boiling.
- Once it has reached boiling, turned the heat down to a simmer, add the agave, chia seeds and stir.
- Continue to stir on a simmer, mashing the blueberries as you stir.
- Take off the heat and transfer to a heat proof dish and allow it to cool in the fridge.
- Once cooled, take your pan with the base mixture out of the freezer and spoon the jam on top of the base to create the next layer.
- Place back in the freezer to allow the jam layer to harden on top of the base.
For the lemon filling
- In a food processor, add the cashews, zest and juice of one lemon, agave, coconut oil and mix on a high speed.
- Allow this to mix for five minutes until the mixture has become thick and creamy. Make sure you scrape down the sides if necessary and if its too thick add a dash of water.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and spoon the mixture on top of the jam layer.
- Add left over blueberries to the top and place back in the freezer to set.
- Allow these individual cheesecakes to freeze for several hours before serving.