‘The best thing since sliced bread….’ says no gluten free foodie ever.
I have to say I’ve learnt to live without bread and I don’t really miss it. I could buy the gluten free options, but they’re just so expensive and as I rarely eat it, it just goes off quick! But every now and then I will fancy some bread, usually I’ll make my go to banana bread which I love but I wanted to try something a bit different.
I received some amazing coconut and almond flour from Sukrin – Raw, organic, fat reduced and gluten free, I couldn’t wait to start baking once I received these! I’ve tried baking with many gluten free flours before but the texture was usually crumbly and tough.
This ‘paleo bread’ is better than banana bread; its soft, nutty and holds better together.
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 cups of ground almonds
- 1/3 cup of Sukrin coconut flour
- 2 tbsp of flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp of honey/agave
- 180 ml of water
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius and lightly grease a loaf tin with coconut oil
- In a food processor, add the ground almonds, coconut flour, seeds, salt, baking powder and mix together.
- Beat the eggs, then add them to the mix along with coconut oil, honey/agave and water.Mix for five minutes.
- Spoon the dough into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cover with baking paper and bake for a further 20 minutes until the bread is golden brown.