I’ve seen so many chickpea cookie recipes and I’ve been dying to try them out myself. I was a bit skeptical of course because cookie dough is THE best thing, so how good can a replica using chickpeas really be? the answer…..REALLY GOOD, surprisingly good in fact.
They aren’t as hard as cookies, they keep a soft cookie dough like texture which makes it so goey and delicious. I could have eaten a whole plate of these, but they were a big hit and everyone loved them!! I can’t wait to mix the recipe up a bit and try some new variations.
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/3 Protein dark chocolate bar or 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/3 PB
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/4 agave
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt 1tsp
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Add all the ingredients, except for the chocolate, in a food processor and mix together until smooth. Scrape the sides to ensure all of the mixture has been combined.
- If you are using a chocolate bar, roughly chop into small pieces.
- Stir in the chocolate chips/chocolate bits.
- With wet hands, form into small balls. Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and press down slightly on the balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. The cookies will still be very soft when you take them out of the oven. Leave them to cool and they will firm up slightly.