Sticking to eating healthy main meals can be pretty easy, especially when you’re in a routine. Sure chicken,rice & broccoli everyday is a great way to see results, but even the best of us will get bored of that same diet after a few weeks.
I eat the same things everyday; breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch and dinner. That works for me,food is my fuel for my busy everyday life. However, I like to make sure that at least once a day I have a ‘macro friendly’ treat to keep things interesting. By allowing myself this I never crave chocolate or sweet things, which means I’m less likely to have a setback, instead I can enjoy my diet without feeling like i’m dieting.
I like to make sure I have a few macro treats to hand for those moments my sweet tooth needs satisfying! Gluten free, Dairy free and refined sugar free – these cookies are perfect for an ‘on the go snack’ and can be frozen.
No excuses these only take a few minutes to prep and 12 minutes to bake.
- 3 bananas
- 2 1/2 cup of oats (I used gluten free)
- 2 heaped tbsp of peanut butter
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Line a baking tray with parchment or flour the bottom of the tray
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas, add the oats, peanut butter and cinnamon.
- Mix together to create a thick mixture.
- Scoop out the mixture with a spoon and roll the dough into balls
- Place the balls on a baking tray and flatten
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until golden