I made ‘jammy dodgers’ a while ago and posted the recipe, however with it being jam season again and i’ve picked more blackberries I wanted to improve the recipe to make even better biscuits this time around!
Also, if you are a huge lover of The Great British Bake Off, like me then you will understand the sweet cravings I get every Wednesday night!
For the Jam
- 35g of blackberries
- 2 tbsp of Creative nature chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of agave/maple syrup
For the biscuits
- 80g fine oats
- 150 g ground almonds
- 200g of coconut flour/buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 125ml of coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp of agave/honey
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the jam
- Wash the berries and place in a medium saucepan with 2 tbsp of water
- Bring to the boil, the reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Roughly mash the berries, add the agave and chia seeds then simmer.
- Continue to stir the jam, to prevent it sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Remove from the heat and allow the jam to cool before serving.
For the biscuits
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper. Alternatively flour the trays to prevent sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Flour a clean surface and roll out the dough until thin.
- Use a cookie cutter, (or a clean glass if you don’t have one) to cut out circles, re-rolling if needed.
- Use a smaller cutter to cut out the circles in the middle, do this on half of your circles.
- Place all biscuits on your baking trays and into the oven for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Allow the biscuits to cool, then sandwich them together with a tsp of jam.