If you follow me on instagram you will know that I LOVE Avocados. I’m still waiting on the avocado emoji…no pressure Apple! But I know what you’re thinking, another instagram loving, healthy gym bunny that raves about avocados…boring! But they really are so tasty, so versatile and so good for you.
Avocados are packed with monounsaturated fats (the GOOD fats), they have more potassium than bananas and they are full of vitamins, so whats not to love!
Anyway, I’ve seen so many people using avocados as a healthy replacement for butter in baking and in a chocolate mousse, which is a great idea so thought I would give it a try myself. What better way to get experimenting that with brownies! Yum.
These brownies are light, gluten free, dairy free and such a good healthy alternative!
I’ve listed the recipe below but head over to my youtube for the full video.
- 1 Large avocado
- 1 Large banana
- 2 table spoons of honey/agave
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of cacao
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil – for lining the tin
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees
- Line your baking tin with coconut oil to prevent the mixture sticking
- In a food processor add avocado, banana, honey and vanilla
- Mix together until smooth
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl, add your eggs and mix together.
- Add the baking powder, salt coconut flour and cacao. Mix together until a smooth batter is formed.
- Transfer the mixture to your baking tray and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Happy eating! 🙂