I love healthy snacks! Something sweet and easy to make to keep you going throughout the day and stop you from reaching for that chocolate bar!
Ok so i’m not the biggest chocolate fan, but I came across puffed rice in Holland and Barret and had a feeling of nostalgia back to when I was a kid eating rice krispie cakes. So I thought, why not try recreate this, but in a macro friendly way?
The result, I came up with these peanut butter rice krispy treats. Easy to prep, doesn’t take a lot of ingredients, time and there is no cooking involved. So if you love peanut butter as much as I do, then you need to try these!
- Two heaped tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 cups of Gluten free popped rice
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Sweet freedom chocolate sauce
- In a bowl, mix together peanut butter and coconut oil, place in the microwave and heat until the peanut butter is loose
- Take the mixture out of the microwave and add your popped rice and mix together
- Once all of the popped rice is covered with the peanut butter, add the mixture to a baking tin and flatten.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour. Once firm, roll the mixture into small balls and place back into the freezer to set.
- Once set, cover with chocolate sauce and place in the fridge to harden.