So this week I started my course to be a personal trainer..exciting! But it means I’ll have to make a few tweaks to my routine in order to juggle work, studying and training, but if you want something you’ll do whatever it takes to get it done…so no excuses!
My favourite thing to eat and make is desserts! But I’m sure you already know that by the amount of dessert recipes I put up. Anyway, I love the idea of making desserts that look and taste so indulgent but are actually pretty healthy.
I’ve seen these Skillet Cookies cropping up all over the Internet and wanted to have a go at making my own. Soft, crumbly, not too sweet this cookie is the perfect sharing treat or if you just want to grab a spoon – indulge yourself!
- 2 cups of coconut flour (you can also use almond flour)
- 2 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of agave/honey
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- handful of cacao nibs
- 1 egg
- Banana nicecream (recipe found here)
- Waldens caramel sauce
- In a bowl, combine the egg, peanut butter, honey and coconut oil
- In a separate bowl combine the rest of the ingredients
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until a dough is formed
- Spray your galette pan with oil and press the dough into the pan. Make sure to cover the bottom of the pan
- Pop into the oven for 25mins on 180 degrees.
- Take out of the oven, Please use an oven glove to do this as the pan is hot!
- Top with toppings of your choice