Planning healthy mains meals throughout the day and the week is one of the easiest part of living a healthy lifestyle or being on a diet. The hard part is when your cravings strike!
There is nothing worse than wanting something sweet and having to think about making it from scratch at the time. Let’s be honest in these circumstances we want a quick fix something easy to reach for.
Unplanned cravings can easily lead you off track and binge. Which is why when meal prepping it’s always a good idea to make healthy sweet treats for when those cravings creep up on you.
These banana oat balls are the perfect guilt free snack, so easy to make and super tasty! With a combination of carbs, natural sweetness and protein this snack will provide a great source of energy and fill you up until your next meal!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp honey/agave
- 2 tbsp peanut butter/ almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- scoop of protein powder
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of chopped nuts/ chocolate chips
- Mash the bananas in a bowl with a fork until the big chunks are removed.
- Then add the remaining ingredients (except the nuts or filling of your choice) and stir together to create a sticky mixture
- Add the nuts and fold into the mixture
- Use a spoon and spoon out the mixture, place in your hands and roll to create small balls
- Once the mixture has been used up, place the balls onto baking paper and refrigerate for at least an hour.
These protein balls are quick to make and perfect to curb that sugar craving without reaching for the chocolate.