One thing I’ve noticed since I’ve been bulking and trying to “up” my carbs is how same, same my meals can be. The only carbs I really eat are brown rice and sweet potato as I believe these are the really good carbs to have whilst weight training, but theres only so many days you can eat sweet potato wedges right?
I frequently have corn fritters so I decided to give sweet potato fritters a try, its just another way to have sweet potato and keep things interesting for your taste buds. Usually, recipes add egg and for you to shallow fry in oil, however to keep things a bit more healthy I used flour and water instead. This way you only need a bit of oil to brown the outsides and then you can finish them in the oven.
I love mine teamed with avocado!
Hope you enjoy guys!
1 large Sweet Potato
Few sprigs of finely chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons of water
3 tablespoons of flour
- Peel the skin off the sweet potato and grate into a large bowl.
- Add the flour, water, parsley and pepper.
- Mix together and form into balls. You should be able to roll the mixture and combine together with your hands. Add more water if the mixture is too dry and more flour if it is too wet. The mixture should be wet so that it holds together.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, add a two tablespoons of oil (or 1 tablespoon of coconut oil if you have any)
- Add the fritters into the frying pan.
- Gently fry on both sides until golden brown. Finish in the over for 5-10 minutes until the potato is cooked all the way through.