Forget Valentines Day, pancakes are real love! ❤️
Even though I eat my fair share of pancakes all year around, Ok basically atleast once a week but hey whose counting. I still love that there is a day dedicated to them!
I wanted to stray away from my typical flavour combination and decided to make vanilla protein pancakes with chocolate chips! Seriously heavenly and guilt free!
Don’t restrict yourselves guys, it’s a lifestyle not a quick fix so enjoy some pancakes you have earnt them!!
- 1 scoop of protein
- 1/2 cup of flour, I used gluten free
- 60ml Coconut/almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 chocolate protein bar, naked bar or dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- handful of blueberries
- 2 small bananas
- Frozen berries
- Chocolate sauce – I used sweet freedom choc shot!
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and milk
- In a separate bowl, mix together the protein powder and flour. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until a smooth batter is formed. you want a relatively thick mixture at this point
- Place your chocolate bar, protein bar or chocolate chips onto a chopping board and roughly cut into chunks with a knife
- Stir in the chunks of chocolate into your batter mixture
- Spray oil into a frying pan and heat on a medium heat for a few minutes
- Spoon your mixture into small pancakes and cook on each side until golden.
- stack your pancakes as desired, add your frozen fruit, blueberries & bananas