Christmas is just around the corner and the one thing that makes me feel Christmassy is the smell of nutmeg and cinnamon!
I wanted to make something that just ‘tasted of christmas’, I got my inspiration for these raw apple slices from the thanksgiving classic Apple pie!
These are sticky, delicious and the perfect snack to eat on a cold night in front of the fire.
- 1 Apple
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1/4 + 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
For the glaze
- 100ml of apple juice
- 1tbsp honey
To make the bars
- Pre heat the oven 180 degrees Celsius
- Cut the apple into chunks and evenly sprinkle on the 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until soft.
- In a food processor, add the dates and nuts then pulse until combined.
- Then add 2 tbsp of honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and blend together to create a sticky mixture.
- Lastly, chop the apples into smaller chunks and add to the food processor. Pulse together, the Apple should be in small chunks still.
- Transfer to a tin lined with baking paper and spread evenly
To make the sticky Apple glaze
- In a pan put the apple juice and mix in the honey
- On a simmer, leave to reduce until a syrup is formed. once formed, glaze over the bars.
- Freeze for several hours and slice into small bars.
Serve and enjoy!