I LOVE spicy, middle eastern food, it’s my favourite type of cuisine.
Right now winter vegetables are so fresh and I’m really enjoying cooking savoury dishes, especially homely food which anybody can make themselves.
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 1 tsp of Ground cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2x fresh chillies
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with some oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees or until soft
- Once soft, peel the skin off the sweet potatoes and cut into chunks.
- Add the sweet potato to a food processor, along with the drained can of chickpeas, lemon juice and the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend together on a high speed until the mixture is roughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture and roll into form a ball, repeat until all the mixture has gone
- Place the falafels on a baking tray and into the oven for 30 minutes or until the outside is crispy
- Serve hot with a refreshing salad or place in wraps. Serve and enjoy