These past few weeks I have really been enjoying getting back into running again. It’s the perfect way to release any stress or thoughts and after you get over that initial wall it just becomes completely theraputic.
I’ve created a pancake stack based on the taste of a Jaffa cake – chocolate, orange and that spongey tasting biscuit. Complete heaven right? I was so pleased how much these pancakes taste like them!
You’ll want to be giving these a try!
- 1/2 cup of Gluten free Oat flour/Oats
- 2 eggs
- 60ml almond milk
- 1tsp of maca powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 2 frozen bananas
- splash of almond milk
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- Add the oat flour to a mixing bowl and optional maca powder
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, then add to the flour and mix together
- Add the almond milk, orange extract and whisk until a thick batter is formed
- grease a frying pan with oil
- Spoon the batter mixture into the frying pan, and tap the spoon in the centre of the pancake to make them level.
- Cook the pancakes on each side for 2 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Cacao ice cream
- In a food processor combine the frozen bananas, cacao powder and splash of almond milk on a high speed until a smooth nice cream is formed
- Heat a saucepan of water and place a heatproof bowl on top. Add in chunks of dark dairy free chocolate and melt. Once melted drizzle over your pancakes.