Admittedly, I’m not a lover of soup but this soup is hassle free, thick and combines my favourite flavours; so what’s not to love?
And to make it even better, it’s healthy and dairy free!
- A whole butternut squash
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- tsp of smoked paprika
- chilli flakes (amount depending on your preference)
- tbsp of oil
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees celcius
- Cut the butternut squash in half, remove the seeds with a spoon, score each half and rub the tbsp of oil over the butternut squash
- Peel and roughly chop the onion into chunks
- Peel and crush the garlic, leave the cloves whole
- Put all the ingredients in a baking tray and sprinkle over the paprika and chilli flakes
- Roast for one hour or until the butternut squash is extremely soft
- Once soft, add the contents of the baking tray to a saucepan, cover with hot water (so the water is just over the top of the vegetables) leave to simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes put the entire contents into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve hot and enjoy!