But even I fancy a change and decided what’s better than a nut butter? a nut butter with chocolate of course!
- 200g hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp agave/honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees, place your hazelnuts on a baking tray and into the oven for 10 minutes to release their natural oils
- Once roasted, leave to cool then put the hazelnuts on a sheet of baking paper and roll your hands over the hazelnuts to remove the shells. Remove as much as you possibly can as this will help create a smooth mixture when you come to blend the nuts.
- Once removed, place the hazelnuts in your food processor and mix on a high speed for 2 minutes, then reduce to a low speed and continue to mix for a further 8 minutes until smooth scraping down the sides if needed.
- Add the cacao powder, sea salt, agave and continue to mix until smooth
- Store in an air tight jar and keep for up to two weeks.
- Perfect accompaniment for pancake stacks and waffles!