Peanut butter & jelly is a classic and its probably one of the most favourite flavour combinations!
I’ve never really tried the peanut butter and jelly combination, I put it down to being a Brit! Still I love peanut butter and pretty much everything so I wanted to give it a go. I’ve created these raw PB & Jelly (jam to us Brits!) ‘cheesecake’ these are raw, refined sugar free, gluten free and dairy free – sounds too good to be true right?!
For the base
- 1/2 cup of Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup of dates
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
Peanut Butter layer
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup of dates
- 1/2 cup of agave or maple syrup
- 1 cup of raw cashews that have been soaked overnight in water
- 3 tbps of water
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
Jelly layer (Jam)
- See my chia seed jam recipe here https://thelawfoodie.wordpress.com/2015/09/02/chia-seed-blackberry-jam/
- Line your muffin tins with parchment paper
- Blend all the ingredients together until well combined. You may want to do this on a high speed.
- Once combined, press the mixture into your muffin tins and place in the freezer to set.
Peanut Butter Layer
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on a high speed.
- Keep blending the mixture until thick, make sure you scrape down the sides and add water if the mixture is sticky. This may take about 5 minutes.
- Remove your tin from the freezer and spread the mixture evenly across the base.
- Place back in the freezer for atleast an hour to set.
- Follow my recipe for chia seed jam and place in the fridge to set
- Once set, take your muffin tin out of the freezer. Spoon the jam mixture on top of the peanut butter layer and spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer to set for a further hour
- Once set, serve and enjoy! or keep them in the freezer until you want them