For me and I know many like me the hardest part about eating clean is the sweet cravings we get! I know if we drink water and eat fruit, it will subside but sometimes we just want something sweet, so why can’t we just enjoy a treat without the guilt!
Convenience is the biggest healthy eating destroyer, when we crave something we rule out making something from scratch and instead opt for the easy choice – zero effort, highly convenient, but even higher in fat.
Which is why these banana bites are the perfect snack – You can make loads of these and freeze them for whenever you fancy them. With just 3 ingredients; eating clean has never tasted so good. Like anything, these are to be enjoyed in moderation.
- 1 medium Banana
- Peanut butter
- Small dairy free dark chocolate bar
- Slice the banana into 1/2 inch coins, spread a layer peanut butter over one coin and place another on top to create a ‘sandwich’
- Repeat this until all of the banana coins have been used then place in the freezer to set.
- Fill a small pan with water and place on a low heat. Place a heat proof dish over the pan and add the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has melted take off the heat and remove your banana bites from the freezer.
- Dip the banana bites into the chocolate until covered then place on a tray. Once they have all been covered, place in the freezer ready for your next sweet craving.