These are so nutty and sweet – tastes just like a snickers bar! Plus they are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- 1/2 cup of coconut shreds
- 1 cup of Medjool dates – pitted
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
Peanut Caramel layer
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 1 cup of dates
- 1/2 cup of agave or maple syrup
- 1 cup of raw cashews that have been soaked overnight in water
- 3tbs of water
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 2 tbs of cacao
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1tbs of agave or maple syrup
Firstly line a tin with baking paper to prevent the mixture sticking to the bottom.
- Blend all the ingredients together until well combined. You may want to do this on a high speed.
- Once combined, press the mixture into your tin and place in the freezer to set.
Peanut Caramel Layer
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on a high speed.
- Keep blending the mixture until thick, make sure you scrape down the sides and add water if the mixture is sticky. This may take about 5 minutes.
- Remove your tin from the freezer and spread the mixture evenly across the base.
- Place back in the freezer for atleast an hour to set.
- In a small pan and on a low heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the cacao, salt and agave and mix.
- Take your tin out of the freezer and pour the chocolate over the top. Place in the freezer for a few hours until completely set.
Before serving, leave the mixture sit out to thaw and become slightly soft.