I spent this weekend in London, which is one of my favourite places to visit. This time I decided to try a few vegan and paleo restaurants. I sampled vibrant, fresh juices at Grain store, tried a great range of healthy food boxes at Leon and had a superfood brunch at the Good Life Eatery. I loved the variety of the menus & how each place was bursting with creativity.
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I completely agree. So, after my trip, I was inspired to perfect my Granola recipe & create an energizing breakfast bowl.
If you’re an early bird, like me, this breakfast bowl is sure to fill you up & give you long-lasting energy until your next meal!
For the Granola
- 1 cup of gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 tbsp of peanut putter
- 2 tsp of Maca powder
- 1/4 cup of flax seeds
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin & sesame seeds
For the topping
1. Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Add the almond milk to a saucepan and place on a low heat. Add the peanut butter and mix until smooth.
Then turn the heat off. ( This can also be done in the microwave)
2. In a large mixing bowl add the oats, flax seeds, maca and seeds and mix together.
3. Add a little bit of the peanut butter & milk mixture to the oats and mix, repeat this to create small clusters of Granola.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, then take the Granola mixture and spread across the baking tray. The mixture may be slightly sticky, but that’s ok.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then turn the oven down to 100 degrees and bake for further 10-15 minutes until mixture is a crumble texture.
6. Take the Granola out of the oven and leave it cool down. Once cool store in a jar with a tight lid to preserve the Granola.
To create the breakfast bowl
1. Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees. Place the Coconut shreds on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and place in the oven for 2 minutes until golden.
2. Add the banana and lemon juice to a blender and blend to create a thick yoghurt consistency.