As I’m sure you can tell already, I love making desserts and sweet treats. Being dairy and gluten free I used to think it was something I could no longer enjoy, but I love trying different recipes and playing around with different ingredients which allows me to enjoy these treats.
I’ve had a few trial and error attempts at peanut butter cookies and for me the less ingredients I use the better. Replacing normal ingredients for a gluten/dairy free version simply doesn’t create the same texture. Here is my recipe for crunchy on the outside, but soft on the inside peanut butter cookies.
- 1 Medium Banana
- 1 cup of Medjool dates
- 3/4 cups of flax seeds
- 3/4 cups of gluten free oats
- 2 tsp peanut butter
1. Soak the dates in warm water for 5-10 mins and then drain.
2. To a blender, add the dates and blend into small chunks.
3. Then, add the peanut butter and banana to the mixture and blend until combined.
4. Finally, add the flax seeds and oats to the mixture and blend to create a soft cookie dough.
5. Remove from the blender and place into a mixing bowl, the dough should be soft and not too sticky. Place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to chill.
6. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
7. Use a tsp to form the dough into small balls and place on a baking tray which is lined with baking paper.
8. Use a fork to flatten to dough and create an indent on each cookie.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Serve and enjoy