Sometimes you need a little sweet treat to ‘pick you up’ or sometimes you simply just want chocolate. These little raw balls are the perfect snack to satisfy your sweet cravings, you can enjoy these without the guilty feeling because they are completely healthy!
I love these little bites for a boost after a tough workout and although they can last in your fridge for a while, they are so tasty they won’t last very long! With no cooking and all done in a blender you’ll be wondering why you haven’t made these sooner!
Below is my basic recipe for raw balls, but I’ve also added my favourite topping combinations.
- 1 cup of Medjool dates
- 2 tsp of cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 1 tbsp of Chia seeds
- 1 tsp of almond milk to bind
- Chia seeds
- Lemon flavour: shredded Coconut, lemon juice & zest
- Chocolate orange flavour: Orange zest & juice
- Nutty Bites: Flaked Almonds
1. Add dates, almonds and cashews together in a small blender and blend.
2. Add the Chia seeds & Cacao powder to the mix and blend until all ingredients are combined.
Note: Your mixture may be dry so add a tsp of almond milk to combine together.
3. Your mixture should be slightly sticky, remove from the blender and use a teaspoon to form the mixture into balls.
4. Roll your raw balls into your desired toppings.
5. Place the raw balls into a plastic container and place in the fridge for a few hours to harden.
Serve and enjoy.