Who would have thought that bananas could create such a rich, creamy fresh ice cream! Its almost too good to be true. No added sugar, no preservatives, dairy free and vegan , this is a must have for those who love a sweet treat without the guilt.
Here is my recipe for a basic banana nice-cream, there are so many ways to experiment with this dish. The are endless flavour and topping combinations you can have with this ice cream, head over to my instagram for a few more ideas.
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 tbsp of almond milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- Optional: 1tsp Maca Powder for an additional health kick!
The toppings I have used: Chia seeds, home made gluten free granola (recipe coming soon) and banana chips or your toppings can be as simple as frozen berries.
1. Peel the banana and and cut them into chunks. Then put the bananas in an air tight container or freeze bags and place in the freezer for several hours. The longer the bananas freeze the more they will create an ice cream consistency.
2. Place the chopped bananas, almond milk, vanilla essence and maca powder into a blender or small food processor and blend.
3. Keep blending the mixture until you have reach the desired smooth ice cream consistency and all the banana chunks have disappeared.