I’ve never been the biggest bread lover, before I discovered I had a Gluten intolerance bread just made me so ill, so I refused to eat it. However, after discovering my intolerance I started playing around with a few different types of gluten free recipes. I can honestly say banana bread is now a huge guilty pleasure of mine, I just love how diverse it is, you can put anything with it and it will taste great!
Here’s my recipe for Gluten free and Dairy free banana bread. Enjoy!
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3-4 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 and 1/4 cup of Gluten free flour
- 1 and 1/4 cup of gluten free oats
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a loaf tin with parchment paper, if you do not have this lining the tin with flour also prevents the mixture from sticking.
2. Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Add vanilla extract, egg, sugar, baking
powder, cinnamon, almond milk and whisk vigorously to combine.
3. Add the gluten free oats and gluten free flour. Stir well.
4. Add the mixture to the loaf tin and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Once it is golden brown and cracked on top, its ready. For added texture almond flakes are a great addition, just add these to the top of the mixture before baking.