My first recipe on my website, exciting! Here is my Fresh Quinoa salad, pretty simple I know, but I was inspired by this lovely sunshine. I don’t know about you but there is nothing I want more when the sun is out than a fresh salad. This recipe combines some of my favourite flavours; chilli, lemon and basil.
- 75g Quinoa (Keen-Wah)
- 2 handfuls of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- handful of fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes
- 300g ripe vine tomatoes, seeded and very finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 avacado, finely chopped
- pinch of black pepper
- handful of sesame seeds
1. Put the Quinoa in a saucepan and cover with twice its volume of water.Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Drain the Quinoa in a sieve and leave to cool. Fluff with fork.
2. Pull the parsley and basil from its stems and finely chop. (keep one or two parsley leave for garnish)
3. Tip the Quinoa into a large mixing bowl and add the tomatoes, onion, parsley, basil, avacado, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper and chilli flakes. Mix well
4. For an added texture and to make the salad more filling garnish with sesame seeds and the parsley you didn’t chop, and serve. Enjoy!